Mercia (www.mercia-group.co.uk) is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide. Over 3000 firms use our file review service and rely on our audit and compliance manuals. More 6000 firms attend our training events and use our online training solutions. Mercia is part of Wilmington plc's Professional Division.
Role: Marketing Executive
Closing Date: 18th October 2018
We know how critical our employees are to us achieving success so we make sure we recruit great people to help us maintain the trust and committment of our customers.
This is a place where you can truly progress. A place where you can be heard. A place where combining know-how with a great attitude will give you the opportunity to succeed and receive recognition for achievement.
As a result of our continued success, we are looking to recruit an experienced Marketing Executive to Work across the Mercia and Practice Track brands. This is a broad, autonomous role which will lead various marketing functions and campaigns within a high performing marketing team in our funky new offices in Leicester.
You will primarily focus upon marketing the Practice Track products and services, along with the Mercia promote (marketing) products, both online and offline.
It's a challenging role so you will need to be a confident person with excellent communication and organisational skills as this role involves a good level of client liaison.
You will be supporting our Marketing and Product Development Manager with numerous and varied campaigns campaigns so motivation to grow, succeed and become a key part of the team and company goes without saying.
If you are an idea generator with experience in copywriting, who is motivated by being heard and having the opportunity to drive continuous improvement around the business, this could well be what you are looking for.
A background in advertising/marketing/ is required and previous experience as a Marketing Assistant/Executive is essential.
• Communicating with internal and external stakeholders
• Managing including planning and implementation of direct marketing and digital campaigns
• Creating content for emails, blogs, social and direct marketing campaigns
• Preparing marketing statistics/campaign ROI reporting
• Creating and contributing to the project plans and strategy
• Increasing online traffic with digitally related campaigns and through reviewing, updating and optimising websites. Monitoring analytics and reporting on improvements
• Managing email distribution list including new subscriptions, opt-outs and bounce backs
• Assisting in producing marketing materials (brochures, online adverts, merchandising)
• Working closely with internal teams such as the Marketing Admin and Marketing and Editorial to ensure synergy and enhance product offering
• Contribute ideas for new campaigns and supporting literature in conjunction with the Marketing Product Development Manager
You will need;
• Experience in a marketing role including campaign management, copywriting and budget management
• An understanding of direct and online marketing
• Experience of using Social Media
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written skills) and professional telephone manner
• Strong reporting and analytical skills
• A creative and customer focused approach
• An excellent eye for detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Driving license
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity”