Wilmington plc is a dynamic and expanding company with a common aim – turning knowledge into advantage. We provide information and training to professional business markets within the Risk & Compliance, Finance, Legal and Insight sectors. We enable professionals and their organisations to enhance performance by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge. Our services are underpinned by our core values of enhancing, enabling, collaborating and innovating.
· Responsible for assisting the head of group finance to produce group financial information including the IFRS Annual Report/year-end releases & Interim Report/interim releases.
· To review the monthly group management and financial accounts.
· To produce a consolidated monthly balance sheet and cashflow.
· To project manage the production of the statutory accounts for UK and overseas entities in the group under UK GAAP, IFRS and local GAAP.
· To project manage the preparation of UK and overseas tax returns, liaising with our advisors throughout the process.
· Produce quarterly compliance documents.
· Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business including senior management and The Board.
· Ensure processes and procedures are in line with Group policy and are consistent, supportable and facilitate auditable reporting. Work with other Senior members of finance to identify and implement improvements to these process and procedures.
· Complete a range of ad hoc technical accounting projects, e.g. accounting for acquisitions / disposals, impairment assessments, changes in the IFRS standrds.
· Liaise with PwC as a major point of contact for the audit.