Wilmington plc is a dynamic and expanding company with a common aim – turning knowledge into advantage. We provide information and training to professional business markets within the Risk & Compliance, Finance, Legal and Insight sectors. We enable professionals and their organisations to enhance performance by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge. Our services are underpinned by our core values of enhancing, enabling, collaborating and innovating.
To be part of the Cashbook and Sales Ledger team primarily responsible for prompt and efficient postings of all debtor payments and other cashbook payments and receipts across all ledgers. You will be responsible for supporting the daily accounts receivable process. Supporting the Cashbook/Sales Ledger supervisor on a day to day basis, you will be responsible for assigned aspects of the daily processes, including accurate and timely application of receipts to Sun and also supporting the wider team to ensure an efficient service is provided.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prompt identification of all receipts and payments from bank statements and posting to debtor/creditor and other nominal ledger accounts as appropriate on a daily basis, including ledge management and house-keeping of sundry balances.
· Preparation, processing and posting of payments
· Perform weekly bank reconciliations
· Other monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Administration, reconciliation and posting of petty cash transactions
· Processing and posting of cheques to debtor, creditor and other nominal ledger accounts as required
· Processing and posting of credit card transactions and direct debit set up and management as and when required
· Liaise and assist with queries with Company Divisions and credit control
· Investigate and reconcile customer accounts asand when required
· Process invoices and credit notes onto the debtors ledgers, including Upload and VAT Reconciliation
· Set up of new client accounts in SUN
· To work on all elements of development requirements as and when operationally established.
· Other ad hoc duties as required
To be able to process large amounts of data quickly and accurately
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity”