With more than 50 years’ experience in researching and publishing industry intelligence on insurance and employee benefits information, Axco is the definitive information source for professionals in these markets around the world. Our unique business model and methods of research have enabled the development of an extensive suite of products comprising in-depth reports, focused profiles, Q&A databases, intelligent questioning tools, and email services. Our products are delivered to the largest and most well-known insurers, reinsurers, brokers and employee benefits specialists across the globe.
Axco’s strength comes from our outstanding team of people, highly knowledgeable in our fields of expertise; longstanding relationships with industry professionals and trusted partnerships with our clients.
We are a growing company with a commitment to innovation in a rapidly evolving industry and the drive to be the very best. With the help of dedicated and talented employees, our ambitions will be realized. Axco is part of Wilmington plc.
The candidate will interact with Axco’s clients and prospects, entering into discussions about information needs in order to develop business opportunities in the Employee Benefits/Life Insurance/Health Insurance sectors. He/she will uncover and evaluate possible partnerships which augment Axco’s delivery of thought leadership and market information to the community.
• Engage clients and prospects in discussions surrounding their information needs from a knowledge management perspective
• Identify new leads within the insurance and employee benefits community by uncovering methods that Axco can offer to assist in improving the quality and efficiency in a range of processes from performing routine tasks to more bespoke projects involved in strategic planning
• Work closely with team members from other departments to help deliver new tools, data and services as a result of feedback from the marketplace.
• Analyse current Axco product offerings to determine applicability and saleability to overlooked market niches
• Develop client awareness and relationships with existing and potential clients within North America through personal meetings, business networking, telephone calls, personal emails, personal mailings, business forums, and/or other professional or social gatherings
• Acquire in-depth knowledge of Axco’s business model, products and services and our philosophy in servicing the multinational life insurance/health insurance and employee benefits community
• Develop relationship with various Axco Teams influencers, analysts and advisors to generate referral opportunities
• A self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic forward-planner who is able to work autonomously and in collaboration with matrixed teams in London on occasion to deliver the Business Development Plan.
• Preferably to have held a similar or related position in the past; consulting experience a plus
• International mind-set with the confidence /ability to work cross-culturally and in different time zones
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of professionalism and willingness to be flexible
• Comfortable in client-facing meetings with personnel at all levels of seniority and an ability to draw out relevant feedback from the community
• Ability/willingness to travel throughout North America, apprx. 25%
• 3-5 years of experience, preferably but not required, within the insurance and/or employee benefits arena
• 4-year degree. Graduate Business degree a plus
• Linguistic competence in business language
• Ability to manage highly demanding customer behavior
• Foreign languages and/or a background in Information Management a plus
• ARM or other professional designations a plus
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies
“We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity”